Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Rose By Any Other Name..

I've been on a hiatus, but I'm bringing it back. I'm talking about rose water, kiddies, and it's time you jump on this bandwagon if you have yet to do so.

I was a loyal user my freshman year and lost my way after I started my sophomore year. Maybe it was because I constantly felt dirty in my dorm room and once I moved out I lost interest in the refreshing spritz? There's really no excuse for why I discontinued using rose water, but I'm here to say I'm back in the game.

Rose water has many uses: cleanser, toner, astringent and moisturizer. It also is refreshing and rejuvenating and is a great pick-me-up whether it's in the morning, mid-day or before a night out on the town.

I used to use the organic rose water sold at Target. It was $8 and it worked wonders. I would keep half in the bottle it came in and transfer the other half into a spray bottle. After washing my face at night and before putting make up on in the morning, I would pour some on a cotton ball and rub it over my face to get rid of left over dirt and oil. After a long day of class and walking in the Carolina heat, I would spray my face before a much-anticipated nap. I would also use it as a natural perfume. We all love the smell of roses, right? A little spritz on my neck and in my hair would keep any hint of sweat down to a minimum. Did I mention the Carolina heat? It's "Famously Hot" for a reason here, people.

Though I've never tried it, rose water is said to be a great natural conditioner for your hair. Mix it in with your shampoo to enhance hair growth.

Add some to your bath water to hydrate and freshen up your skin. The smell will also linger in your house all day! Who doesn't love that? I've recently put a bowl of rose buds on my desk for the scent...and because they look adorable and I'm a sucker for roses, so what?

Apply it directly to dark under eye circles. This should lighten the area while decreasing puffiness. We could all use this trick during finals week!

The polar/arctic vortex is upon us, so the time couldn't be more perfect to get ahold of this product. It has anti-inflammatory properties, which helps soothe your dry, irritated skin that can result from being in the cold for too long. This also makes it the perfect toner!

And if you needed more reasons to use rose water, I'll give you two more: you can spray it on your linens to freshen up your home, and you can keep some in the kitchen to add to your favorite yogurt. I know you're sick of eating that plain-could-possibly-be-sour-cream Greek yogurt. I know you are. Seriously, I know you are. Add a little rose water, and honey!, to the mix to give this snack a little help. You know it needs it. Seriously, you know it needs it.


Here are a few to keep your eyes out for:
http://www.sephora.com/rosey-mist-refreshing-rose-water-P306902?SKUID=1405216&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=1405216&om_mmc=ppc-gg-pla&om_mmc=ppc-GG&mkwid=kbvksO28&pcrid=24089740217&pdv=c&site=us_search&country_switch=us&lang=en

http://www.dermstore.com/product_Rosewater+Toner_29592.htm


http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=319507&catid=185625&aid=333840&aparam=QFGLnEolOWg-GZOPWudyF783fr5jOiw_UA

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2726822




The possibilities are endless. You can even make your own if you feel up to it. Now go! What are you doing?! Go to the nearest drug store and buy some! 



1 comment:

  1. Alright, you've won me over. Is there a certain brand that works better than others or can I just go with the least expensive?

    ReplyDelete