Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week 2 in NYC

Hey everyone!

I have finished my second week of work! I am having so much fun and have been so busy I barely have time to eat. (seriously, it's really hard to remember to eat some days.)


Monday I unpacked clothes and put them back in the closet in their designated spots. It can get a little confusing back there with all of the various seasons, collections, and send out dates! We had two appointments with potential buyers and I have become in charge of logging in and distributing the daily orders we get from different stores.

On Tuesday I met the owner of Rent the Runway and watched her get fitted for her wedding rehearsal dinner dress! It was so exciting to see them change and alter it and become what she envisioned. After that I sat with a few ladies and helped name the colors of the dresses and make sure the new line called Belle by Badgley Mischka was in order and looked perfect for the appointments we had later on in the week. This included making sure each dress had the correct tag and was merchandised correctly. Then I helped pull the looks for conclave and put them in order in the showroom and finished my day with the daily orders.

Later that night I went to a market and the High Line in Chelsea. It in a 1.5 mile long park built on a bridge! It was so cute and it was perfect weather for a nighttime stroll. Here's a few pictures from the night:




Wednesday I had to meet my boss early at a coffee shop to pick up a few boxes of pastries and boxes of coffee because we had an important appointment with a huge client that traveled from Germany. Another intern and I helped our model Gigi dress in whatever the buyer wanted to see on. This lasted a couple hours and then I packed two trunks with the clothes for the Conclave show and another trunk to be sent to the Atlanta Apparel Mart. (I traveled there last year with Fashion Board at USC!)

This is what I wore to work Wednesday!
I took this photo later in the day when I got home, but for work
I subbed out the combat boots for spiked flats.

This week was loaded with appointments and Thursday wasn't much different. A new model Daria came in to be fitted along with a few more because we had two appointments going on at once. After that I was able to see our new couture line that was just shipped in from India! It was only 8 or 9 looks and we are still waiting on about 10 more, but it was amazing to see Mark and James look at each piece, evaluate it, and make their alterations and critiques to the gowns. Once I came down from the couture cloud I started making books for a Bloomingdale's seminar we are apart of. Another intern and I photoshopped together a cover and printed out 60 copies of it along with line sheets and biographies on the line and designers. At 4 we had an appointment with Nordstrom and I also helped dress for that.

Friday was hectic! It was pouring rain and I had to be at work early to help prep for an important set of appointments. The owner of Dillard's was going to be there along with BHLDN and another store. Gigi was there again and I was there to dress her by myself! Normally, 2 interns dress for appointments to make it go faster and have the buyers not wait as long. Of course, when we have 3 appointments at once, I am there alone! We had over 40 dresses and gowns to try on and we buckled down and got it done. It was insane! After that I got to sit and talk with Gigi for about 40 minutes and it was a blast. She is so sweet and funny and gave me great advice! Once she left I finished making the pages for Bloomingdale's books. This included 6 different photos of celebrities wearing Badgley Mishcka for the press section. Thanks to summer Fridays, I got to go home at 2 and take my first nap since I moved in last Sunday!

Saturday I finally got to go to my first in-store experience at Brandy Melville then went to an improv comedy club that night and it was so funny! 


This upcoming week is full of appointments and press for the new line Belle! Be sure to check back next week to see what I had to do!

xo
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment